AFOL Fan Convention Packing Guide
Welcome to Bricks Cascade! Even if this is your first convention as an attendee, or your 100th – below are a few of our most recommended items that you pack with you on convention days to help you stay comfortable and prepared.
Any comments or suggestions? Send us a message from the Contact Us page.
General (for convention + expo days)
- A comfortable backpack
- Brick badge – what’s a brick badge? Convention attendees typically wear a brick badges, which are typically made up of printed or engraved 1×8 bricks from previous conventions or fan events. These are typically secured with magnets to your shirt or lanyard.
- Snacks (focus on high-protein / high energy)
- Water bottle – there are refilling stations in the venue.
- Supplementary electrolytes
- Comfortable, ventilated shoes (At least two pairs – we recommend you alternate each day)
- Mints / Gum / Cough drops – you’ll be talking a lot!
- Layered clothing – the weather is unpredictable, but so are the venue temperatures
- Sigfig – what’s a sigfig? Sigfig is short for Signature Minifig. These originated as the avatar / profile picture that AFOLs use in online communities. These may or may not resemble the person physically. Having a Sigfig on-hand is great for photo ops.
- Camera – Don’t forget extra batteries and memory cards
- Battery packs and charging cables (for all your electronics)
- Handtruck or collapsible cart
- Packable lunch
- Small cooler + refreezable ice packs
- Pens (especially ones that can write on glossy cards without smearing)
- Packing tape / painters tape
- LEGO passport
- Brick separator
- Ibuprofen / required medications
- Rubber-tipped tweezers
- Pocket sized flashlight
- Small soft bristle brush – good for last-minute dusting/cleaning
Public Expo Days
- All of the above (especially patience)
- Comfortable stool with padded seating
- Anti-fatigue mat
- Business Cards – do you have a blog, website, or photo sharing account? Have business cards on-hand to provide to attendees